Pages

Thursday 1 March 2012

Feelin' so sick right now!!

Man it's been over 6 months since I have eaten any rice, wheat, pasta or anything like that... but....

Tonight we had my son's birthday as he turned 6 years old. This meant he was able to choose where we go for dinner tonight. I even limited his options by saying "we aint goin to any McDs, KFC or BKs". I even tried to suggest this nice place called Sunday Roast down Broadway Ave where they have nice as roast meals. He loves chicken but this time didn't go for it.

Instead he chose Indian and said he wanted chicken and rice with the yellow sauce on the chicken (which we discovered was chicken korma once we got into the plaza). He had been there before with his Nana so knew exactly where he wanted to go.

Anyway after all that we ended up eating there - I had the mango chicken option with rice and even with naan bread. Normally I would forego the rice and naan but thought what the hey let's go with the birthday. Bad mistake. Since eating that my body has been telling me all about how stupid that was in the form of stomach cramps, bloating, headaches for the last 3 hours. And then to top it all off (since it was all over anyway) we had chocolate cake that my wife made. She had made it as healthily as possible of course (with dark chocolate, half almond flour and so on), but that only served to make us feel even worse.

So here we are sitting in the kitchen feeling sorry for ourselves and feeling so sick. I guess it is a lesson learnt again. We already knew the consequences of eating that food yet fell into the trap again. How stupid are we? No, not stupid. Just really wanted to make sure that it WAS that food that was making us feel sick lol. Isn't it funny how even though we know what these foods are doing to us - like the blood glucose spikes and so on and all the stuff about the wheat and the effects that has too - and still we manage to eat those foods we know are just not good for us.

I'm sure that is enough moaning for now - I'm gonna hit the sack and get some sleep and hopefully wake up feeling much better!

Next week I will post some stuff from the Wheat book I have been reading. By the way all these awesome talks (including one from the guy who wrote the Wheat book) are at the following website. There are some cool as pieces of info here so check them out on this paleo summit thing Sean Croxton has going on this week.

OK until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment